To visit CairoBookStop’s Facebook Forum, please click here: Cairo Book Stop / محطة كتب القاهرة.
Our Facebook page provides a space for our readers (including publishing house and bookstore owners, readers, researchers, writers, students, and others) to interact with one another directly. It is intended to be a space to pose questions and share information on literary events and happenings around Cairo, such as:
- events like book-signings, author talks, etc.
- the opening of a new bookstore or house or of a new branch
- local book fairs
- new titles of Arabic lit released in Cairo or by Egyptian authors
- questions about where to find specific titles or genres
- questions about publishing in Cairo or Egypt
- competitions for Egyptian writers
- (local) literary prizes
- conferences related to Arabic literature
- and many other topics related to Arabic literature, publishing, and bookselling in Cairo.
CairoBookStop’s Facebook page is open to posts from everyone to help keep it as relevant and up-to-date as possible. Publishing houses, bookstores, and cultural centers are welcome and encouraged to post information about their own upcoming events, in Arabic, English, or whichever language best suits the intended audience.
CairoBookStop also will post news on our Facebook page that may be of interest to our readers, but that lies outside of the scope of our site. If we find the page needs more moderation, we’ll step in as needed. We reserve the right to remove any content that is inappropriate, offensive, or off-topic.