Thank you for your patience over the past few weeks as we sorted through and worked to address the many emails, comments, and suggestions that have come in. Though we’ve been quiet in terms of posting, we’ve been busy behind the scenes.
In case you missed it, CairoBookStop has been getting some attention: Publishing Perspectives’ Olivia Snaije recently wrote a piece on CairoBookStop, and M. Lynx Qualey conducted an interview with us about the site on her blog Arabic Literature (in English).
We’re also happy to report that we’ve been moving on several fronts:
Updated submission form page: Now it’s even easier to submit a recommendation of a house or bookstore that you love and would like to see on CairoBookStop. Even if you’re not affiliated with the publishing house/ bookstore, you are welcome to fill out the form for suggested additions under “Contact.”
We’ve started pages for:
New to the map:
- Al Kotob Khan (New Maadi and Degla)
- Al Kotobgeya (Maadi)
- Al Arabi for Publishing and Distribution (Downtown/ Garden City)
- Bikya Bookstore (Nasr City and Maadi)
- A couple more branches for Alef (Maadi, Rehab)
In case you missed them, check out our completed Arabic pages on:
- Al-Balsam Publishing House and Bookstore / دار البلسم للنشر والتوزيع ومكتبة البلسم
- Books and Books
- Al-Karma Books / دار الكرمة
- Kotob we Hagat / مكتبة كتب وحاجات
- Al-Maadi Used Books
We’re also looking into:
- Academic Bookshop / المكتبة الأكاديمية
- Kalila wa Dimna / كليلة ودمنة
- Volume One
Thank you to all of our readers who contacted us with suggestions for how to incorporate libraries and with other resources on this front. We’ll continue to look into the viability of adding these to our site. As for forums, look for an update in the coming weeks about how we’ll be making use of the forum format for our readers.